What to Look for in a Dedicated Server Hosting for Minecraft?
If you have decided to purchase or lease a server, there are a few elements that you need to be aware of. For one, different programs and applications typically use different amounts if resources. The requirements in resources will typically depend on factors such as the amount of players, what program you are running, and the function of the program or game. Indeed, there are a lot of variables that are considered when purchasing dedicated servers from minecraft server hosting companies.
Here are tips when you are looking to purchase or rent a Minecraft dedicated server:
- You need to purchase a server with a decent amount of RAM. Minecraft is essentially written in Java coding language. This carries some benefits and drawbacks. One huge disadvantage to his is that Java eats up a lot of memory. Make sure to use a desktop when downloading Minecraft to ensure seamless gaming experience.
- Purchase an SSD if you can get the. You need one with higher read and write speeds. This will come useful when you want backups or you have a lot of things placed on the server.
- In terms of bandwidth, active servers will generally use lots of bandwidth. Make sure to look for serves that have excellent connections with limited speeds, but not bandwidth.
- If you are only looking to host for a few friends not exceeding ten people, playing on vanilla will enable you to enjoy playing a few times in a week. There are many servers that are affordable, with low specifications, but will work great for a small number of players.
- If you are playing PvP against friends, you may want to consider networking of the data center instead. If your plan is to have hundreds of players connecting to your server, you may need to op for high-end servers with high RAM and generous disk space.
- The perfect server will be one that perfectly matches your requirements. There is no ultimate server when it comes to Minecraft. But if you are looking to customize or add modifications, you need to purchase a dedicated server. Look for hosting service that offers solid customer support that will assist you in resolving issues immediately. There are top-tier Minecraft hosts that will be up 24/7 to help you with your needs in whatever issue you may encounter.
When choosing a dedicated server, you need one that features a good combination of hardware quality and price point. For instance, a good server, regardless of price, will offer top-notch hardware, low latency levels, and dedicated server uplinks, and no-downtime guarantee.